On another topic-less episode, we get a baby update, talk about machine learning and science journalism, food, blogging, food-blogging, and a little bit of sports ball. Finally, Matt practices his canine psychology.
Summer Matt has 3 vacations in 4 weeks
- Bonnaroo (previously discussed), then beach, then NOLA
Listener Science Link
- Also known as rant-bait for Matt
- Lady Sportsball, Esq. sent us this article about machine learning in science
- Spoiler, this is not the birth of Skynet
- But Jody and Matt both excited by the progress made by this combination of humans, data, code, and computers
Matt slowly shipping content to GBRB
- It’s been pretty fun.
- How do I know what the Blahg wants to be? Is that even an important question?
- How do I know if anyone is reading it? (Analytics?)
- How do I get it out into the world? Just keep telling people? Do I have to pay for FB to be extra creepy?
- Shout out to Rooster, and congrats on their expansion. You'll find Rooster at the very top of Matt's "Favorites" page on the blog he may have mentioned.
Matt's Sportsball update
- Merlin Mann & John Siracusa argue about the social value of sports. (It's a long show, but the sportsball argument begins right around 1:21.00)
- US WWC team triumphs!, Le Tour has been exciting. British Grand Prix was excellent too. Couldn’t get into Wimbledon this year (too much going on)