Yes it's been a while, but NO, they have not quit trying! Today it's an exercise in marginal sound quality as the boys venture out into the world for supplies, then venture into deep intellectual waters (or not) regarding Jody's nominal topic: PROGRESS??
Fake Follow Up
- Matt has not yet reached "peak testing", but he can't be far off.
- Jody is determined to lose 10lbs
- Since beginning of March 2016, he's been running 3-miles, 3-times per week
- Phife Dog from A Tribe Called Quest dead at age 42 from diabetes complications
- And Prince!
- Here's Prince at the George Harrison tribute concert, can you decide if that look on Tom Petty's face at the 4:45 mark is amusement, disgust, or a sudden realization that Prince's guitar is on wires?
- Who's the 3rd in the cluster? China the wrestler?
- John Oliver covers Puerto Rico's budget crisis
- Matt cited some Bigiest Loser research
- Matt's at 32 runs for the year
- New side-project for Jody: Minecraft as a service!
- Large Hadron Collider has weasel problems
Real Follow Up
- Matt lands his hard-science research fellowship!
- egg crate foam machine
- 3D printable magnets!
Jody's Non-Scary Topic: Progress?
- Have computers made any difference or is overall productivity still the same?
- Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon
- xkcd, should I automate this?
- Matt heard on NPR that productivity is down...
- And the NY Times piece that was the basis of the NPR interview
- Jody mentioned accessing Britney Spears' medical records
- It's not a random example, her records were accessed without authorization
- MS Twitter-bot, Tay, went a bit sideways
- Frinkiac, the Simpsons search engine
- That's right...you can check your memory of your favorite Simpsons episode whenever you feel the need!